Continuing Education for Professionals
MHA Texas is currently establishing continuing education courses. More information is coming soon.
Suicide Prevention Training
We offer both online and video-based training as well as in person training options through Texas Suicide Prevention. For more information, visit texassuicideprevention.org.
- ASK about Suicide to Save a Life (1 hour)
- Suicide Prevention Resources in Texas (15 minutes)
In Person Training:
- Suicide Prevention for organizations in areas where certified trainers are available.
- ASK about Suicide to Save a Life: training volunteer trainers for gatekeepers.
- Making Connections: Suicide Prevention Through Movement” -- 2 hour training.
- Interactive At-Risk Suicide Prevention Training for Texas college and university faculty and students
- At-Risk Suicide Prevention Training for high school educators
- At-Risk Suicide Prevention Training for middle school educators
Parents as Teachers Training
The Texas Parents as Teachers, a program of Mental Health America of Texas, provides training for sites throughout Texas that serve families using the Parent as Teachers program. For more information about Texas Parents as Teachers and training, visit txpat.org.